Monday 19 January 2015

Earthy Lipstick Colours

Earthy Lipsticks





I love earthy colours in the autumn and winter time. I always find that lipstick makes an outfit. I don't know if it is something I have picked up from my grandmother but I never feel fully dressed without my lipstick ! 



No 7 Shimmering Lip and Eye Screen SPF 30


No7 Shimmering Lip
Swatch of No7 Shimmering Lip
For those of you who have read a few of my other posts you will already know my obsession with protecting my skin in the sun so the SPF 30 in this product was a main drawing point for me. Now it probably won't do much help at the moment with the grey and cold weather but I am sure it will come in handy in the summer time!

This lipstick is a great to use in a similar way you would use a lip balm. It has just a light shimmer in it and is very hydrating. You can see from the swatch how subtle it is!

I love that it is two products in one as you can also use it on your eyes. I imagine if you were away somewhere exotic on a beach and bumped into an attractive person and had two seconds to look presentable that this product would be a life saver!


Seventeen Stay Pout -Going Steady 


Seventeen Stay Pout Going Steady
Swatches of No7 & Seventeen Stay Pout
This is a fairly new addition to my make up collection and I think I have used it at least four days out of the week since I got it. This is such a subtle colour I can wear it even without any other make up on. It is a slightly more matte consistency than I would usually go for but not matte enough to make me feel uncomfortable. I do notice that it accentuates chapped lips which is not attractive so make sure your lips are in good condition before applying!!








NYC City Proof Twistable Crayon รก Levres- Nolita Neutral

NYC Nolita Neutral
Swatches of No7, Seventeen and NYC
I just bought this today and so far so good! This colour is a really nice nude colour with a tiny hint of shimmer. It is creamy and makes your lips feel hydrated and smooth. The only criticism I would have is the scent. I can't put my finger on what it smells of - kinda of cinnamony ?- but it is quite sickly sweet. I'm not sure if this will affect how frequently I will use it or not.

It is not very long lasting and it does come off while eating or drinking.






Miss Sporty Melody 202 

Miss Sporty Melody 202 
This is my ultimate favourite earthy lipstick! Unfortunately I can't find anywhere that still sells it and mine has nearly run out completely. It is a really creamy lipstick which has an amazing smell. It would definitely be the lipstick I wear the most.

Swatch of No7, Seventeen, NYC and Miss Sporty
It is not very long lasting but the creamy consistency makes and shade make it all worth while. I only bought it by chance for next to nothing and I haven't seen it anywhere since. 




No 17 Terracotta 
No 17 Terracotta 

This is a great lipstick to throw in your handbag as it is so slim and neat. It is a medium creamy consistency and lasts for a good few hours before wearing off. It is quite dark so I would generally use it for night time looks. It is quite hydrating which is great during the winter when my lips are extra dry. It is a great colour to use with a brown smokey eye look.

Swatch of No 17 


To read more on my favourite lipsticks and lipglosses check out my post on Rosy Lips and Natural and Nude Lipglosses.

What would your favourite earthy lipstick be?

Thanks so much for reading !

Love Bobby x 


No comments:

Post a Comment